Please read carefully before submitting artwork.
The IAA Credit Union is excited to announce that we will be running the 5th annual IAACU High School Art Scholarship this year! With the success we had in the program last year, we are hopeful that we will have more amazing young artists participate!
IAA Credit Union has been involved in the art community for decades. In 1992, we started the About Our Art program when we moved into our current facility. Since that time, we have had the opportunity to display dozens of local artists showcasing a wide variety of genres of artwork.
The winning student gets a $500 scholarship.
The winning student’s art teacher will receive $250 in the form of a gift card to an art supply store.
|March 1st - April 12th
||Artwork Submission Period
||Art pieces judged by Doug Johnson (McLean County Art Center Director)
||Finalists will be notified
||Finalist's artwork must be delivered to IAACU
|May 1st-June 28th
||Finalist's artwork will be displayed in IAACU lobby
||Final judging and reception to announce winner
What You Need to Know
- The student must be currently attending a high school located in McLean County, Illinois.
- All submissions will go through a judging process completed by Doug Johnson, Director of the McLean Country Art Gallery.
- The top selections will be asked to showcase their framed (with wire hangers) artwork in the IAACU Lobby during the months of May and June 2019.
- The winner of the contest is chosen by a panel of judges from the local art community and announced at the reception held on June 28, 2019.
How to Submit Your Artwork
Fill out and return the IAACU Art Scholarship Agreement Form
Your parent or guardian must sign before you can submit a photo.
Submit a photo of your artwork > Submissions will be accepted from March 1st - April 12th.
Wait to see if you've been selected as a finalist.
- Only high school students attending class in a McLean County (Illinois) high school may submit artwork.
- Employees or Board Directors of the IAA Credit Union or their immediate families are not eligible.
- Artwork submitted must not have previously won an IAACU Art Scholarship.
- Artwork must be submitted per the guidelines below.
- Winners will receive a scholarship in the amount of $500.00 payable to the designated higher education institution of their choice that has qualified as charitable under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.The funds will be held in trust for the benefit of the winner for a maximum of four years.
- The winning student’s art teacher will receive $250 in the form of a gift card to an art supply store.
- All applications must be submitted between March 1 and April 12, 2019.
- A judge from the local art community will review and rank all electronic submissions to determine the finalists.
- The top finalists will be displayed in the lobby of the IAACU building located at 808 IAA Drive, Bloomington, IL 61701 from May 1 thru June 28, 2019.
- Submissions chosen as finalists need to be framed and delivered to IAACU no later than April 30, 2019.If not received by this date, the student’s artwork will not be eligible to participate in the final selection process.
- A panel of judges from the local art community will determine the scholarship winner.
- Final judging will be done on June 28, 2019 and the winner will be announced at a reception held the same day at the IAACU building.
- IAACU reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it does not meet requirements, is of poor quality, or is deemed inappropriate.
- Submitted artwork should be the original artwork of the applicant listed on the entry form.
- Applicant may only submit one piece.
- Each submitted artwork must include a completed and signed entry form.
- Artwork must be submitted via the IAACU website scholarship upload page.
- Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained, and will provide upon written request, written permission to the image and likeness of any private property and/or identifiable person appearing in Submitted Artwork.
- Taxes, if any, on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prizewinners.
By submitting artwork, you authorize the IAA Credit Union to use your artwork for purposes of promoting the scholarship and other activities. You waive any claim of ownership or right to compensation for your Submitted Artwork.
You, for yourself, your heirs, assigns and legal representatives, expressly release and discharge the IAACU and all its affiliated organizations, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims known or unknown, arising out of or in any manner connected with the uses described above.