Thinking about Refinancing?
A lower interest rate also could allow you to build equity in your home more quickly. If you're considering refinancing, we will run a copy of your credit report.
To refinance your home you'll need:
- Copies of previous two years' W-2 forms
- Copy of two most-recent pay stubs
- Three months' worth of the most recent statements for checking/share draft and savings accounts
- Copy of title insurance policy
- Copy of current homeowners insurance policy
- Copy of survey done for your last closing if available
- Payment method for the appraisal and credit report
- Social Security numbers of all applicants
When you refinance, you close your existing mortgage and create a new one. The approval process to refinance is similar to the process of obtaining your original loan.
Our Mortgage Team will consider your income and debt, credit score, and other factors affecting your financial situation.
Your new interest rate will be based primarily on your down payment and credit score. When considering a refinance, you also want to understand your break-even point: Weigh the costs of refinancing against how much you’ll save each month to know when you will recoup costs over the length of your new loan.
Contact us to see how much a refinance could save you! Or try out our Mortgage refinance calculator!